It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 685 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:45 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11310
Location: Asleep at the wheel
Preferred Pronoun Set: SE / squinty / squints
Squinty's Sandbox Game

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

• The Out of Character thread may be found here.

A lot of information is stocked there, including particulars about the world, and will be updated frequently. The extra posts here are for the archiving of the overall storyline. The archives will be kept brief and infrequently updated, though there is a timeline using a table in the OC thread which will do a similar job. Any information found in the OC thread is what is known by at least one player character, though please use judgment when applying meta-game knowledge. Not all of it should be available to every character unless something in the game (experiences, backgrounds or what have you) grants you that knowledge.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

• The Sign Up thread may be found here.

I think I could handle up to six players in a single campaign, and currently we have five. If we get more sign ups, we'll figure out if there will be multiple games, or if we'd try to run a fairly large group all together. This is also an open world sandbox style campaign, and it is continuous. As long as we have at least one player who wishes to continue, I will do my best to keep the game running, and new players are always encouraged to join the game(s). Let the DM know ahead of time to ask for the starting level, starting gold or any other information to ease the new character into the game.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

~SE++

_________________
[D&D 5E] Princes of the Apocalypse | Set-up | In Character | Out of Character | Map: Lance Rock

[Johnny's Quest] October 12 - 18: Cloudstone Curio


Last edited by squinty_eyes on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:47 am, edited 6 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:46 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11310
Location: Asleep at the wheel
Preferred Pronoun Set: SE / squinty / squints
Archives of the World

Part I

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

Welcome to the City of Ixen'Taoul
Finnean (a human ranger), Parkun (a human monk), Augur (a dwarf cleric) and Jodah (a half-elf monk) enter the City of Ixen'Taoul, home of the Fire Mage Tower Ixen'Donoap, as mercenary guards traveling for two months to get to The City of Opportunity. They enter with the caravan around noon, and are quickly deposited into The Bridge House on Merchant's Row for a drink before they take off into the city. There, the four adventurers overhear many rumors of the city. As they sit inside discussing what to pursue, Ulrik (a gnome rogue), down on his luck, stumbles into the inn and into the adventurers. After a brief run in with Major Ironsong, the group is left with an personal invitation to attend to the wall against the 'thumpers' that evening. After that brief encounter, the bar empties and the five heroes find themselves standing on Merchant's Row.

Two suspicious hooded men pass them and head into The Bridge House, acquire a key and head into the back. Our five heroes follow them in back into the bar, and spend a short amount of time in there before they hear a woman scream and an explosion rip through The Bridge House. Augur and Parkun are knocked unconscious and bleed heavily, while our other three heroes are all knocked down but not out. As they get up and stop the bleeding, a mysterious woman races out of the backrooms. She grabs Parkun, casts a spell on him to stabilize him and runs out the door with him. Finnean and Jodah drag Augur out while Ulrik guards their backs from the safety of the door. The two suspicious men, now injured heavily and burned emerge from the back and advance on the heroes. Some of the surviving patrons take arms against the attackers in the now burning Inn, while the players reach the outside and heal the wounded. Suddenly, twenty-six women, in the same style as the mysterious woman who ran out, appear out of nowhere and knock The Bridge House into the raging rivers. They speak with the heroes briefly before teleporting away. The authorities show up but the patron's collaborate the hero's stories and they are left on Merchant's Row to their own devices. After licking their wounds, they head over to the West Gate Barracks.

The heroes reach the West Gate Barracks and Walls with precious few minutes to spare until the sun is completely set. After a brief meeting, Major Ironsong decides to allow the adventurers to choose if they fight tonight or tomorrow night due to the visual severity of their injuries. They choose to fight on the Wall and go to the Armory. Each of the heroes is given new items, some more roughly then others. Parkun gets four gems implanted into his body, Finnean gets a new sword, Ulrik gets excess body armor implants, Jodah gets an amulet, and Augur gets spell-sticks and a special coin. After, they are sent to fight with Major Ironsong on the Southern defenses of the ground troops.

On the battlegrounds, the heroes find that the 'Thumpers' are giant spider-like monsters with a club for a tail. They fought as the waves of the creatures began to crash over them, some of the monsters jumping over the line and rushing the wall. As the heroes continued to fight, serpent-like creatures burst through the ground, and the Thumpers ran away. As the new creatures continued to attack, they dragged guards and other soldiers down into the ground. Eventually, the battle wanes down, and once there was only one of the serpents left, the mages of the city bound it magically and wrapped it up in some kind of magical cloth. The heroes got a brief break, and eventually are sent on their way to bring the unknown monster to someone called The Living Bomb Alchemist in the central tower. Parkun and Jodah chose to stay behind and assist the guards further.

As the heroes make their way to Ixen'Donoap, the heroes encounter Corinth (a half-orc inquisitor) and Folkmire (a dwarven wizard). After asking for help, the five of them continued on through the night to Ixen'Donoap. Once there, they are led down a winding hallway to the basement where they are introduced to Nolan, The Living Bomb Alchemist, and his wife Tris-sha. They spend a night in their hospitality, and the next morning they are given some answers about the monsters they have encountered. While finishing breakfast, Nolan asks them to rescue his five year old daughter who has been forced into The Asylum. They all quickly agree, and Nolan explains that they will need additional training. The heroes spend the next month training for their mission. At the end of the month, The Headmaster takes his payment out of Nolan by ripping his soul from his body and encases it into a diamond, promising it will become a powerful artifact. The heroes are taken away and thrown into The Asylum, where they must find Alexis Dresden, and somehow free her.


The Asylum's Madness
Finnean, Augur, Folkmire and Ulrik are unceremoniously thrown into The Asylum, where they are immediately faced with a strange and filthy room. The walls and floor are covered in stale blood and vomit, and there are several strange figures within the room. Three of them turn out to be an elven family who cuts pices off of themselves and sews them into blankets and hands them out. Finnean was the one to receive the flesh-blanket. In the other corner of the room there is a being known as A.C.T.A., a self proclaimed automated services that has given our heroes directions through The Asylum. After much debate, they unlock the first door using one of the magic orbs Nolan had given them and proceed into the next area. There they are met with a crazed man who claims to have been waiting for them for fifteen years. He eventually runs off after plunging them into darkness in the halls and two Fat Demons come out of cells to attack the heroes. A brief, but intense fight breaks out with our heroes victorious, but some of them are now badly bruised from the encounter.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

~SE++

_________________
[D&D 5E] Princes of the Apocalypse | Set-up | In Character | Out of Character | Map: Lance Rock

[Johnny's Quest] October 12 - 18: Cloudstone Curio


Last edited by squinty_eyes on Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:08 am, edited 25 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:46 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11310
Location: Asleep at the wheel
Preferred Pronoun Set: SE / squinty / squints
Archives of the World

Part II

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

Story to come as it is written by you.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

~SE++

_________________
[D&D 5E] Princes of the Apocalypse | Set-up | In Character | Out of Character | Map: Lance Rock

[Johnny's Quest] October 12 - 18: Cloudstone Curio


Last edited by squinty_eyes on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:46 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11310
Location: Asleep at the wheel
Preferred Pronoun Set: SE / squinty / squints
Archives of the World

Part III

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

Story to come as it is written by you.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

~SE++

_________________
[D&D 5E] Princes of the Apocalypse | Set-up | In Character | Out of Character | Map: Lance Rock

[Johnny's Quest] October 12 - 18: Cloudstone Curio


Last edited by squinty_eyes on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:47 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11310
Location: Asleep at the wheel
Preferred Pronoun Set: SE / squinty / squints
Welcome to the City of Ixen'Taoul

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

Time: 11:45


The caravan passes through the outer walls of Ixen'Taoul and its passengers get the first glimpse of the city. Behind the caravan, the portcullis is dropped down with a loud *clang,* it fits down into its space in the ground, sealing the city off from the dangerous Bylina Forest just a few miles outside the walls. The passengers were awarded safe travels for about five gold per person for the two month journey on the caravan from the previous town. Others (read: you adventurers) worked for their passage, and were neither charged nor compensated for their services as guards. Still, since none of you had enough to pay your way through the woods, this was probably your best option, and the sheer number of you helped to prevent bandits from attacking. In the two months of travel, you did manage to meet a few of the smaller monsters of the woods, but you were quite fortunate to have such a large compliment on the caravan. With so many guards, you got to do very little (read: no EXP for your services).

The first few miles of land are fairly flat and clear, mostly for farming. Houses are pretty well spaced apart and the fields seem well tended to, a smattering of larger plowbeasts can be seen hauling wagons and other farming machinery. The sun is still rising on the horizon of the city, and the Mage Tower Ixen'Donoap can be seen off in the distance standing quite a bit taller than the other buildings at the center of the city against the skyline. Just past the farmland, a hefty bridge crosses The Qanesc River and the city begins in earnest on the other side. At the head guard's signal, all four of you will dismount from the caravan and march beside it. The head guard, Armond Jessup, walks past the four of you.

"Thank you all for your services through the Roads, and welcome to Ixen'Taoul. We'll be dropping you off on Merchant's Row at an Inn known as The Bridge House. If you are continuing to travel, we will be departing from here to Aurixvan Svantgrasp in eight days time, you may find us at the Eastern Gate and I would be honored to have you serve with us again. The Bridge House will be just over the bridge, enjoy the ale boys."

Armond Jessup keep walking past you four and heads off to inform the other mercenary guards the same thing. A while later, all four of you will be deposited inside The Bridge House. Though traffic naturally bottlenecks around these areas, The Bridge House takes this a step further and has actually built its supports off the side of one of the largest bridges in the city. It's little more than a long bar with windows out onto the main river, and though it can't be seen, the outside would suggest an equally-large storage chamber sitting below the building. Inside, mostly guards who watch the bridge and fields are found, all hanging around and chatting. There is a notice board with many pieces of paper hanging off of it, and a last table with enough seats for the four of you. After sitting, a guard who traveled with you walks up to the table and waves over a barmaid.

Time: 14:50


"A round of ale to each of these fine folk," he says before waving and walking away after the barmaid. She will return a few minutes later, sans the guard who bought your first round, with four wooden tankards of ale. As you take your first sips, all around the bar there are several conversations going on, mostly by random guards that may be overheard:

"So, then my wife tells me that she hates that I'm gone five months out of the year, but who is she to complain when I give her such a good life at home?"

"We're running low on guards for the outer walls, we could really use some help, the attacks from those beasts have been getting stronger every few nights it seems..."

"Another farmer went missing, I forget where they said it was, but he just disappeared in the middle of his field. That's the fourth farmer gone missing this month. Things are getting strange."

"Have you seen my daughter lately? She's getting bigger, and soon she'll qualify for entry to Ixen'Donoap, though I don't know if I want her training with those hotheads."

"You've had enough to drink, didn't you only get off shift an hour ago, mate?"

"The drugs are getting worse. Word is that there is some new shipment that's stronger then the previous shipment, and no one knows how it keeps getting into the city."

"Word is that The Tovey Family's had a sudden death, though no one is willing to say who. Everything seems to be running smoothly, but something seems off about the whole thing."

"So, then we killed all fifty of those bandits, they were just a pile of bloody corpses on the Road."

OOC


✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

~SE++

_________________
[D&D 5E] Princes of the Apocalypse | Set-up | In Character | Out of Character | Map: Lance Rock

[Johnny's Quest] October 12 - 18: Cloudstone Curio


Last edited by squinty_eyes on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:49 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 08, 2013
Posts: 324
Location: Atlanta, GA
When he entered Augur wasted no time in pulling his stout, dwarfly frame up onto a chair at a high-top table near the end of the bar where he could gaze out the window at the river banks. He glows with pride at Armond Jessup's praise for his company and even brighter at the offer of a free pint of ale.

Contented, he brings the foamy drink to brush with his corn-colored mustache and beard and inhales a lungful of the hoppy brew's aroma before taking a very satisfying sip. After a hearty exhale the dwarf seemingly comes back to the land of the living and turns to face his comrades in the room once more aware of the dense crowd.

description:
Spoiler

_________________
#8040FF - Augur Bronzebore
Dwarven Cleric of Torag, Father of Creation and Dwarvenkind, Weilder of Kaglemros and Keeper of the Forge. Praise be his name!


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:46 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 26, 2013
Posts: 536
Identity: Bees
Jodah's face betrays her excitement for the ale; a wide smile parts her lips and she thirstily guzzles the frothy brew. She makes an audible sound of enjoyment after finishing her first several gulps. *Ah!* "A fine reward for a journey safely traveled." She says contentedly to nobody in particular. Jodah's slightly pointed ears, visible beneath her short-cropped red and white hair, take keen note of the conversations around her.

She stumbles a moment on her drink as she hears word of missing farmers. That sounds like a serious issue, she thinks to herself. She gently pushes a well-tanned elbow at the Dwarven cleric beside her. "Augur, did you hear that? Sounds like something to look into."

Discription

_________________
"Any time doing the right thing is funny as hell, it's probably Chaotic Good."

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:39 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 08, 2013
Posts: 324
Location: Atlanta, GA
Augur's posture shifts when he hears his name. Setting his partially-drained pint down on the table and leaning back as he acknowledges Jodah's question.

"Right, right" he stutters, "Tha' doesn't rightly sound like they're gettin' lost in the turnip patch now! Reckon our services'd be welcome? By Kaglemros ah've never been ta tha Grand Crossroads b'fore but I 'spect they've got a constabulary fer their cit'zenship."

He looks thoughtful a moment, focusing more on the overheard conversation.

"Then-again, ain't no 'arm in askin' is there? Gimmie a spot ta finish mah drink and take cara' sumthin."

Augur smiles and slides down off his chair as gracefully as he can manage before stepping up to the bar next to a drinking man. He turns to him with a seemingly-well-practiced, empathetic face, "Somethin' botherin' you son? Could I offer to lend an ear to yer troubles?" Seemingly-unconsciously the dwarf brushes his fingers across the hammer-shaped charm he wears around his neck.

Spoiler

_________________
#8040FF - Augur Bronzebore
Dwarven Cleric of Torag, Father of Creation and Dwarvenkind, Weilder of Kaglemros and Keeper of the Forge. Praise be his name!


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:17 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11310
Location: Asleep at the wheel
Preferred Pronoun Set: SE / squinty / squints
Time: 15:10


"You want ta hear my life story or somethin' little man?" asks the stranger at the bar to Augur. "Well, there ain't much ta tell. I guard walls all night, I drink off shift and I ain't got no wife to go home to, or even a real home. My life amounts to enough crap to throw into two backpacks and stored under my bed in the West Gate Barracks." He pauses to take a sip of ale. "And each night we get hit by more of 'em damn 'thumpers,' an' I don't think I've got it in me to survive another night of 'em. We just lose more and more guards, it's like they're driven by th' devil himself. Typically, the walls are 'nough to keep them away from the City since they're dug deep into the ground. Usually keeps the 'thumpers' from tunneling since they don't go that deep usually. But lately..." The stranger shudders and drains the rest of his ale and waves down the barkeep.

OOC


More chatter can be heard around the bar:

"The opening ceremonies will probably be happening in a few weeks, don't know if I'll be pulled for duty on it again."

"Nothing prepares you for the sight of those things leaping outta the ground at you, it's horrible!"

"And so he said it had a kite-shield for a head, how stupid is that? My five year old could come up with scarier monster stories. Idiot."

"Have you tried out the new brothel in the Lantern District? They have this new half-elf girl that does the most amazing thing with her tongue..."

"When I was your age I was three ranks higher and had my own house! Young fools these days."

"Five busts all along Merchant's Row, and still we can't figure out where the new batch of narcotics are being stored."

"Word from the East Gate is that they're having a big problem with monsters in the evening. Like we don't with the 'thumpers.'"

"Damn mercs. Lost two weeks work to the last batch that came through these gates. Hope the new batch moves on quick."

"Summer's nearly done, and soon we'll get the new harvest of gourds."

OOC


~SE++

_________________
[D&D 5E] Princes of the Apocalypse | Set-up | In Character | Out of Character | Map: Lance Rock

[Johnny's Quest] October 12 - 18: Cloudstone Curio


Last edited by squinty_eyes on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:44 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 08, 2013
Posts: 324
Location: Atlanta, GA
Augur inhales the last of his mug of ale and drops it heavily on the bar.
"Son, did'ah hear ya right just then? Ah you sayin' them creatures out there might git through tha massive-big walls o' this city!?" his brow furrows as he tries to lock eyes with the man.

"Ah get that yer havin' a bit of a cry right now 'bout yer lot n'all but this sounds somethin' serious. Whata yer captains doin' 'bout this?" He darts his eyes towards Jodah, Finnean and Parkun with a look of concern.

_________________
#8040FF - Augur Bronzebore
Dwarven Cleric of Torag, Father of Creation and Dwarvenkind, Weilder of Kaglemros and Keeper of the Forge. Praise be his name!


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:13 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 26, 2013
Posts: 536
Identity: Bees
Jodah steps forward and into the conversation to address the guard. "I think those underground monsters are responsible for the farmer's disappearing. Tell us more about these "Thumpers". She looks to Finnean and Parkun, in hopes of drawing their attention to the issue.

_________________
"Any time doing the right thing is funny as hell, it's probably Chaotic Good."

Image


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:20 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11310
Location: Asleep at the wheel
Preferred Pronoun Set: SE / squinty / squints
Time: 15:20


The guard finishes his drink before responding, but eventually he says, "He's doubled the guard duties an hour before nightfall and through the evening. I haven't had a night off in weeks, an' it's startin' to wear on me, but it's gotta be done. But Captain Savoy knows what he's doin', I mean, we've survived this long, right? And there ain't no way they've been responsible for the farmers. If they'd breached the walls, you'd see a stampede of them through the fields. We'd know they were there, little lady." Tapping his tankard on the bar he signals the barkeep again for another round. "There's gotta be an end to this. The wall is a long way to scale for them, and almost as deep to go under. I don't think the 'thumpers' know how deep it is, because they've been trying to scale th' damn thing instead of tunneling like they ought ta do. But if the marks on the walls are any indication, they're getting higher each night, and they're gettin' close to breaching if they keep it up. But how many more of 'em can there be? We've killed so many so far... ugh, this isn't helping, I should go." The guard will toss a few coins onto the bar, completely ignoring his freshly poured ale and stumbles out of the bar, briefly chatting to a few of the other guards along the way.

OOC


"Bah, I know you cheated! Next time we play dice, we use mine, not yours!"

"Another girl found dead in a back alley just off of Merchant's Row, looks like she overdosed, but the local clergy couldn't figure out the cause of death. What the f--- is going on these days?"

"There's been a lot of Fire Mages patrolling the street lately. I haven't seen this level of activity in a damn long time, I wonder what's going on."

"A troupe of gypseys came in on the last caravan. Word is that they're gonna spend the next ten days in town performing at The Quiver and Hood Inn."

"I should get going, my sift begins around noon, and the Captain will flay my hide if I'm late again."

"Do you ever get the feeling that our lives are controlled by a higher being?"

OOC


~SE++

_________________
[D&D 5E] Princes of the Apocalypse | Set-up | In Character | Out of Character | Map: Lance Rock

[Johnny's Quest] October 12 - 18: Cloudstone Curio


Last edited by squinty_eyes on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:49 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 08, 2013
Posts: 324
Location: Atlanta, GA
"...Torag protect us."

Augur steps down from the bar leaving a copper piece by his empty mug. His usually jovial face is momentarily fallen and contemplative. "An' tha day started off so great too. It might be inna' best interests to head furtha' into the city tonight 'less we wanna get involved. As fer me, ahm not so sure ahm favorable to tha idea of tanglin' with a Bylina Forest beasty so soon after we made it inside." He rests his hand on his weapon and adjusts the light shield across his back.

"'Course if you lot are gonna offer services ah can't quite bring meself to play the coward's role."

_________________
#8040FF - Augur Bronzebore
Dwarven Cleric of Torag, Father of Creation and Dwarvenkind, Weilder of Kaglemros and Keeper of the Forge. Praise be his name!


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:14 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 10342
Preferred Pronoun Set: BH/B.H./Bounty Hunter
Finnean Duskwalker

Glad to be back in civilization at long last, Finnean Duskwalker sits and takes a small draw on the compensated mug of ale. Despite the rabble of voices that wove through the air around him he withdrew into the back of his mind for a moment and just cleared his head. His feet ached from the journey and as he tried to take his mind elsewhere he looped a single finger underneath his armor at the neck to let out the pent up heat trapped within. The scruffy-looking ranger continues his zoned out daze for a few moments, taking a drink from the wooden tankard every few minutes. But the sudden tapping of the guards tankard on the counter nearby snaps him back into reality and he catches the last few lines about 'thumpers' scaling the wall, which doesnt make the most of sense out of context but he pieces together that they must be the beasts from the forests.

As Augur steps down from the bar and address the group Finnean finishes his drink as well and reluctantly returns to his sore feet. "Well, now that we're finally in the city I was hoping to pick up some sorts of work, I've been set back quite a bit of gold recently. But I was thinking something more, profitable, than a bit of hero's work... beasts dont tend to carry much coin after all. He chuckles at his joke and places the empty tankard on the bar, gathering up his pack. "Regardless, I see no reason to split the party, so whatever the company decides upon works just as well."

_________________
"Life is like a Dungeon Master, if it smiles at you something terrible is probably about to happen."

Play-By-Post Games
Phandelver : IC / OC / Map


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:55 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 1095
Parkun Guo sets down his much appreciated mug of free booze and gets on his feet. Tall and lanky, he cracks his back, neck, and several other joints as he ponders the conversations of his newfound companions.

Well y'all, I'm up for roughin' it up with these 'thumpers' as much as the next, but I feel like it might be a distraction from the real problems of this here city." His voice hushes to a shadow over a whisper before he continues, "Sounds like they got a mess of crushed taters makin' their way 'round. Now we can right fend off them beasts outside, but we'll jus' be coming back to a city with the real monsters."

_________________
PbP Characters
Umiki800080SDSS
Navu'ai008000KotS
ParkunFFD700Ixen

PbP Games
—DDN—The Mines of MadnessCurrent Map

RPG Personality


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:28 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 08, 2013
Posts: 324
Location: Atlanta, GA
"Smashed taters huh? I think ah may've lost ya there m'boy. We could order somethin' ta eat ifn' yer hungry." Augur's smile finds its way back at his own joke, "Or we could finish 'ere an find a more hush place ta speak. I 'spect we four might 'ave arrived in time ta do some real good fer this city."

_________________
#8040FF - Augur Bronzebore
Dwarven Cleric of Torag, Father of Creation and Dwarvenkind, Weilder of Kaglemros and Keeper of the Forge. Praise be his name!


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:40 pm 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 1095
"I could always eat if yer buyin', friend," Parkun flashes Augur a great big grin, "But I mean it sounds like they got here a real problem with the fairy dust...puff o' the white dragon...snow in the summer. You-a' catchin' what I'mma throwin'?"

_________________
PbP Characters
Umiki800080SDSS
Navu'ai008000KotS
ParkunFFD700Ixen

PbP Games
—DDN—The Mines of MadnessCurrent Map

RPG Personality


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:20 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Nov 08, 2013
Posts: 324
Location: Atlanta, GA
"Aye, yes. Clear as crystal. Ah s'pect tha's just part o' bein' in a trade city. YA count that less urgent than monsters breachin' tha city walls do ya?" He pats the purse on his belt and a pathetically-light jingle of coins barely eminates, "Either way ah won't be buyin' a round of hot taters 'less we find somethin' ta weigh down the ole 'donation box' if ye be pickin' up what ah be placin' down. We kin' find a guardhouse we kin ask if they'll pay us ta play detective or if they'd find use fer us on tha wall for the night. Maybe we kin even catch 40 winks in a barracks bed if we're lucky. Anyone in agreement?"

_________________
#8040FF - Augur Bronzebore
Dwarven Cleric of Torag, Father of Creation and Dwarvenkind, Weilder of Kaglemros and Keeper of the Forge. Praise be his name!


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:50 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 23, 2013
Posts: 10342
Preferred Pronoun Set: BH/B.H./Bounty Hunter
Finnean Duskwalker

"From my experience mercenary work with tired or overtasked guards has always been a way to quick coin, free food, and if you're lucky a little respect." Finnean chimes in, adjusting the shoulder strap on his backpack. He lowers his voice for a moment and continues: "But from the sound of it, some of them have bad blood between traveling mercenary companies, so we have to play our cards right. Perhaps we could get some direction in which way to go from some of the off duty guards here?"

_________________
"Life is like a Dungeon Master, if it smiles at you something terrible is probably about to happen."

Play-By-Post Games
Phandelver : IC / OC / Map


Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:00 am 
Offline
Member
User avatar

Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Posts: 11310
Location: Asleep at the wheel
Preferred Pronoun Set: SE / squinty / squints
Outside of The Bridge House

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

Time: 15:30


The Summer's heat is finally beginning to break into cooler air, and the days are beginning to grow a little shorter. The weather on Merchant's Row is finally becoming a bit more bearable, and the overall attitude of the customers browsing the wares of the merchants is reflected in that. Everywhere, people are beginning to prepare for the harvests that coem at the end of Summer and the beginning of Autumn. A caravan rolls past, freshly in from a long travel through the Bylina Forests, and getting packed and ready for the next leg of its journey. The guards and permanent fixtures of the caravan spread out across Merchant's Row, searching for all of the creature comforts they will be lacking for the next few months as they travel along the base of the Orebene Range Mountain's edge. It will be a rocky start to a new leg of their journey, but the trade they have will be well worth it.

Sitting near the edge of Merchant's Row, a little gnome named Ulrik the Merchant walks along the road towards the bridge. Despite being a known merchant, Ulrik carries everything he own with him in his cart, drawn by a mule who can barely manage to pull it without him riding on it as well. At the beginning of the day, he had made some grand sales, but due to his wares being less than reputable, he had to pay out almost his entire life savings to ensure he kept all of his bones for being broken by some angry customers. Down to his last 104 copper pieces, Ulrik rides his cart down the road towards the West Gate. Perhaps life on the road would be good. Perhaps moving along with the caravans would provide him with adventure and treasure that he could sell, at a fairly marked up price, of course.

But before any of that, perhaps a nice drink in The Bridge House would be good. Ulrik enters the inn and sees...

OOC


Inside The Bridge House

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

Time: 15:35


The door to the inn opens to reveal a tiny gnome with quite green hair walking through the doors. He stands out quite a bit, not only is he significantly smaller then the average guard hanging out in the bar, but his strangely colored hair bobbing along at waist height draws quite a bit of attention to him as well. All around, miscellaneous conversations may be heard.

OOC


"Does this look like a rash to you?"

"I love you man, you know that, right? I love you guys."

"I have to go bleed the lizard."

"Where'd that wench go with our drink orders?"

Okay, most of the good conversations are nearly done. They've run out of conversation for the hour it seems.

~SE++

_________________
[D&D 5E] Princes of the Apocalypse | Set-up | In Character | Out of Character | Map: Lance Rock

[Johnny's Quest] October 12 - 18: Cloudstone Curio


Last edited by squinty_eyes on Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like this post
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 685 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group